The Paul Sawyier Public Library provides meeting facilities as a public service for the use of nonprofit and governmental organizations during regular library hours. Meeting rooms are open to organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities on an equitable basis. All meetings are open to the public. The Library Board of Trustees and Library administration do not endorse or sponsor groups meeting or endorse the thoughts, principles, or beliefs of any group. All groups will be required to conduct themselves in an orderly and lawful manner. The facilities may not be used for personal, social or commercial activities, political campaigns, promotion of specific political candidates, and/or fund-raising.
Programs, classes and other activities presented directly by the Library or by an organization with the support of the Library will take precedence over non-library use of these rooms. Other organizations and individuals will be granted use of the rooms on a first-come, first-served basis. If the library is closed due to bad weather, holidays, or any other unforeseen circumstance, the meeting rooms may not be available.
RESERVATIONS—Community Room & Conference Room
The Community Room has a capacity of 100. The Conference Room has a capacity of 18. Meeting rooms will be available for set-up during regular library hours. Reservations may be made up to 60 days in advance. Organizations may schedule a meeting room up to twice a month. Library meeting rooms will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations will be confirmed upon the receipt of a completed reservation request.
STUDY ROOM USAGE
A library patron may use a study room by going to https://psplky.evanced.info/dibs . By use, the user agrees to the same rules and consequences that apply to other meeting room use.
- Study rooms may be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Study rooms can be reserved a day in advance.
- Each reservation can be made for up to three hours of use.
- No food or drink is permitted in study rooms.
- The card holder who signs up for the room is responsible for the condition of the room when vacated.
REGULATIONS FOR MEETING AND STUDY ROOMS
- Groups using the library meeting rooms will hold the Paul Sawyier Public Library and the Library Board free from damage, liability, cost, and /or expense attributable to use of library facilities.
- The library does not provide technical support for equipment provided by the library or equipment provided by the reserving group. It is the responsibility of those using the meeting room and meeting room equipment to make arrangements before the event to become familiar with the operation of the equipment. Library staff will be available prior to the event for familiarization but will not be available to setup or support the program during the program proper.
- When advertising its meetings, any group that is not part of the library’s program must include the following in any advertisement it displays or has printed: “This program is not sponsored by the Paul Sawyier Public Library.”
- Groups may not collect money for any purpose other than tuition, dues or program fees. Groups may not charge admission, solicit donations or sell products and services.
- Use of the meeting rooms by children and youth groups must be supervised by adult sponsors.
- Meetings which interfere with the reasonable use of the Library are not permitted on library property.
- The library will not be responsible for taking reservations or collecting money for non-library programs.
- No items may be attached to walls, floors, ceilings, doors or facings.
- The library does not provide supplies (tape, paper, scissors, pens, etc.).
- The library is not responsible for the personal belonging of those using meeting rooms.
- No materials may be left or stored at the Library.
- Telephone messages will not be taken for group members.
- Groups may not use the Library as a mailing address.
COMMUNITY AND CONFERENCE ROOM SET-UP/CLEAN UP
Each group is responsible for furniture arrangement that meets their needs. Groups should allow proper time for set up and clean up when requesting their meeting time. Each group is responsible for leaving the room clean and orderly. If a group does not leave the room in reasonable order, it may be denied future use of all meeting facilities and/or the responsible party may be charged a fee for repair of damage to facilities or for special cleaning. If the group utilizes the library projector or other technical equipment, it is their responsibility to have that equipment verified or secured by library staff at the conclusion of the program.
SMOKING, FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Food and beverages are acceptable but may not be consumed or carried outside any meeting room.