PSPL Teacher Card
About the Teacher Card
The Purpose of the Teacher Card
To assist teachers and other educators in providing materials for the benefit of their students.
Who is eligible?
- Teachers and librarians employed in the school systems of Franklin County, Kentucky.
- Homeschool teachers
- You must have a personal Paul Sawyier Public Library card.
- Biometric finger scanning is not available on a Teacher Card. The physical card must be present to check out materials.
- Materials checked out with the Teacher Card are to be used for the benefit of students.
- Items in Reference, hotspots, Media Box DVDs, and Library of Things may not be checked out with a Teacher Card.
- You may have up to 75 items checked out on your Teacher Card. The loan period is for three weeks. You must contact the library if you wish to keep materials longer.
- Replacement costs for up to two (2) items that are missing or lost may be waived by the library per school year. All other costs for missing or lost items are the responsibility of the cardholder (teacher).
- Cards will expire annually on August 1 and must be renewed annually for the new school year.
- Teacher cards are non-transferable.
How to Apply
Apply for a Teacher Card in person at the Library, or talk to a PSPL librarian who visits your school. You will need:
- A Completed application (on reverse side)
- Verification of teaching status. You may use:
◦ School identification or teacher ID
◦ OR a letter signed by a school administrator on official school letterhead
Homeschool parents can show educator status by showing membership in a homeschool association or a copy of a letter notifying the local school district of intent to homeschool.
- Driver’s License or other acceptable ID